May 16, 2011
- - I’m laughing at clouds, so dark up above
- - It rains a lot here in Vancouver. Like A LOT. We don’t exactly walk around hanging from streetlights, singing in it.
- - My class however, will be dancing to it.
- - We have to make peace with it somehow.
- - Doing the same with all the attention around the wedding. It’s so sweet but it also makes me want to crawl under a big rock.
- - My kids have some wicked dance moves. Two weeks until we perform it at a school-wide assembly.
- - You know, the Glee cover of Umbrella/Singing in the Rain.
- - Stolen attention, I totally dig.
- - Like when a child clowns around in class; call on him/her to share their thoughts, and they freeze like a deer in headlights.
- - That’s me.
- - I’m just going to put this out there: 20 students dancing and there may even be real umbrellas.
- - But not 41 days from now. No way. Nothing but sun.
- - I’m realizing that if you teach first graders long enough – you sort of become one.
- - Love the song but seriously. Sun. Any day now.